The difference we make
A sense of community and belonging
Providing vital services to 5,000 people in West Sussex every year, including 1,600 4SIGHT members.
Support at the point of diagnosis
Our hospital-based Sight Care Advisors support over 500 people every year.
Reducing the impact of sight loss
Delivering 495 Low Vision Assessments at 4 Resource Centres and 3 Hospitals across the county.
Reducing loneliness & isolation
38 4SIGHT Social Clubs providing over 1,000 hours of real human contact & friendship every year.
Providing advice, information, specialist equipment & home visits every week of the year.
Promoting health and wellbeing
Book Clubs, Social Groups, Tai Chi, Tea Dances, Rambling Groups, Kitchen Club and many more.
Adding value to health & welfare services
Over 410 4SIGHT volunteers help to deliver our services & activities.
“It costs just £37 per person to deliver the Sight Care Advisor service, which has an immediate and long-lasting impact”
In numbers 2014-15
Value for money
- 25,000 Volunteer hours per year.
- £277,000 in-kind contributions.
- £10.57 added value for every £1 invested in our Sight Care Service.
- 68% of income spent on charitable activities.
Sight Loss in West Sussex
- By 2020, there wil be almost 50,000 Visually Impaired People in West Sussex.
- It costs just £37 per person to deliver the Sight Care Advisor Service, which has an immediate and life-changing impact.