4Sight Vision Support – West Sussex Association for the Blind – was established in 1921 to support blind and partially sighted people in West Sussex. We support over 5,000 people in the county annually by providing advice and guidance through a wide range of practical support solutions to help them remain independent following sight loss.
We do this work largely thanks to the help of over 500 volunteers which equates to 25,000 in-kind hours each year. Everything we do is to ensure that visually impaired people are able to access information, advice, equipment and skills and services needed to continue to live independently after sight loss. We enable individuals to build their confidence and participate actively in their community and family lives.
Our work is largely self-funded, through donations, community events, our own commercial activities including two charity shops and grant support of trusts, foundations and local authorities.
Services we provide include:-
- Information and Advice on sight loss
- Equipment advice and displays at our Resource Centres in Bognor Regis, Midhurst and Shoreham by Sea
- Accessible media and Transcription Services – Braille, CD, USB and other electronic formats
- Assisted Technology support services
- Newsletters in various formats
- Audio Library – CD and Tape
- Rehabilitation Kitchen Skills (Bognor Regis Centre)
- Low Vision Assessments
- Sight Care Advisors – Worthing & St Richards Hospitals,
- Low Vision Clinics in Crawley & Horsham Hospitals
- Equipment Purchase
- Large print Crossword & Sudoku & Wordsearch Puzzle Service
- Monthly drop in at Burgess Hill Help Point (3rd Monday of month)
- Clubs – over 30 different clubs and activity groups across the county